Self-centering vise with wedge-hook mechanism and hydraulic drive – 2 jaws
MIR is a hydraulically actuated 2-jaw self-centering vise. Used in machining centers and in custom high-productivity machines for clamping the workpiece with high precision. The solid, low-profile design is ideal for applications requiring large stock removal, threading or drilling applications.
The vises are available with standard stroke, or long stroke.
• Precise wedge-hook mechanism allows machining accuracy
• High force drive for secure clamping
• Extended clamping range with long jaw guidance
• Optimum jaw guides (hardened, sturdy, low-backlash) allow high clamping forces and a long service life
• Hydraulic pressure up to 60 bar; 200 bar on request
• Optimized lubrication system for consistently high clamping forces and long life
• All functional parts are hardened and ground to ensure a high repeatability
• Suitable to dirty and dusty environments thanks to pressurization, jaw and scrapers to prevent or limit the ingress of foreign bodies.